Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 4, 2010


Lots of cleanup today. But I feel like I have a handle on how to swap out bedding while the puppies are eating, then change the newspapers and wee-wee pads when they stumble back to bed. And Mom is doing well. She’s eating a lot, resting a lot, nursing a bit. I have to trust that she knows what she’s doing. I placed puppies on her bed once today when I thought they could use a little more food. She took it all in stride.

I had my first volunteers today too. They were great! They took over the food prep, feeding and cleanup for one shift, while I picked my kids up from school. It was good for all of us. I have some appointments tomorrow – should be interesting since I’m pretty certain the puppies schedule will not coincide. Mom will have to take over and I guess there’ll be extra cleanup when I return.

All-in-all, a good day. I’m tired, but not as exhausted as they are. Eating, pooping and crying is hard work when you’re only 3 weeks old.

This evening, my whole family helped with the feeding process. At one point, my son was holding a pup, watching the feeding frenzy and said, “This rocks!” Even tho his brother had just accidentally planted his butt on a pile of puppy poo, I think he meant the whole scene. It is amazing. It does rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment