Saturday, January 30, 2010

Best Behavior

The pups were on their best behavior today. Those adopted, spent the day at the animal shelter with their new families. The other 4 went to an adoption event at Petco. Einstein got adopted!

But now, they're crazy. They ate like fiends, checked out the new (clean!) garage, and are wrestling like mad. What is it about best behavior for a playdate, then meltdown for mom? All is well; I know they'll sleep like logs tonight.

I got to meet some of the new families. I'm glad to know them. It's not that I could keep all 11 puppies, or even one right now. But I would if I could. So, I want to know that they're all going to loving homes. I helped give them a start, now it's time to launch them into the world. Hopefully, I'll be ready by the end of the week. There will be tears.

I've always wanted to be a puppy raiser for Canine Companions, or Guide Dogs for the Blind. It's a great program in which you raise a puppy from 8 weeks to 18 months. You get lots of support and dog training classes. But after just 4 weeks with these little guys, I know I'd never be able to give up a dog I'd had for 18 months.

So we'll just have to figure out the next adventure. Or maybe it'll just fall into my lap like these 11 puppies did.

No comments:

Post a Comment